Here's a first - this quote comes from an ophthalmologist! I should know something about THAT since I'm virtually blind, have been told I'm too blind for lasik surgery and had my first eye surgery when I was 3 years old!
"Marriage is our last, best chance to grow up."
This one goes out to one of my oldest friend's, Tom, who married his love, Ben this weekend in NYC! Thank you, New York State for making marriage legal to ALL those who want it!
Tom will always be a goofy 14 year old to me, and yet we are somehow now in our 30's. So this particular quote struck me as funny, but also touching. He has grown up a lot. He is smart, driven, kind and dedicated to those around him. And, bonus, he's found himself a lovely man to spend his life with. A man worthy of him and an absolutely positive addition to his life.
Now if only I could grow up. . . .