Thursday, December 8, 2011

Audrey Hepburn

One of my favorites of all time - idol, actress, activist, celebrity - just a favorite. I can't put a label on what kind of favorite she is. I wouldn't say favorite actress or favorite movie star. Those statements wouldn't do my respect for Ms. Hepburn justice. She was one of a kind. Classy, kind, smart, goofy, compassionate and giving.

"To have beautiful lips, say beautiful things; to have beautiful eyes, look at people and see the good in them; to stay thin, share meals with someone who is hungry."

I mean, honestly, can you be any more perfect, Audrey?! She was probably one of the most beautiful (and I mean simply to look at in this case) movie stars in history, and yet her beauty tip to others wasn't to drink more water or stay out of the sun, but the above quote.

Beauty is only skin deep and some are born with it, as Ms Hepburn was, but she was also born with beauty on the inside. I'd like to think that with her as one of my idols, maybe I have the right idea in life!

Though I do enjoy a good "stay out of the sun" beauty tip too!