Saturday, August 27, 2011

Satchel Paige

Satchel Paige was an American baseball player whose pitching, particularly of fastballs, in the Negro Leagues and the Major League Baseball made him a legend.

This seems appropriate because of Hurricane Irene, but it's also something I firmly believe.

"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."

I am not a religious person. I highly respect faith, but religion is tricky. Regardless though, my problem is with people who only seem to turn to faith and religion when times are tough. Call it religion. Call it faith. But call it not only when you NEED something from the universe, but all the time.

I have often been guilty of this over the years, so I realize I am a hypocrite here, but I think most of us probably are at some point. Since I started practicing yoga years ago though, I do try to at least repeat what I'm grateful for on a daily basis. So that's my prayer when the sun shines, I guess. 

That being said, let's all pray that Hurricane Irene isn't too horrible.