Georges-Louis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon was a French naturalist, mathematician, cosmologist, and encyclopedic author. He is thought to have been the father of natural history in the 18th Century, before Charles Darwin came onto the scene.
"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius."
I joke that patience has never been my finest virtue. So this kind of message is something I constantly need to hear in my life.
I have a dear friend who has a religious faith that I have never had myself. In some ways, our friendship is odd in that we have very different values and morals, but what we share is an honesty, a love and a truth in how we live our lives. I adore her and would do anything for her, and I know the same is true for her. She has told me throughout the years, as I face professional and personal setbacks that it must all be part of God's plan. I just have to be patient. I know she's right, but I wish I could just accept it without so many questions. Sometimes I envy her sense of certainty and comfort that comes from her faith. For better or worse, my constant need to question things doesn't leave me much rest.
All I can do with my fate or God's plan for me (or whatever you want to call it) for now is make plans within reason. I can't just sit and do nothing. Patience is one thing; but I have to be proactive to pay my bills and get out of my apartment! I continue to push myself in my career, find performing opportunities of my own, try to keep an open mind about dating. . . but there are some days that are better than others!
God? Fate? Angels? Whoever has a plan for me, can you please speed things up? Seriously. This slow pace is getting ridiculous.