In honor of Father's Day this year. Albeit a few days late.
This one doesn't have a specific owner. Somehow it seems appropriate to have originated on the Upper East Side. . . or just for Generation Y (ala, my generation. . . am I a Y? I don't actually know). But according to my trusty "Harper Book of Quotations" it's a French Proverb.
"A father is a banker provided by nature."
Dad, if you ever read my blog, you will know this one is all too true. Even when I'm not actually asking for financial help, you are generally buying me lunch, giving me cab fare, offering to help with money for headshots, or, oh, paying for college . . . it's a long, long list. Let's not pretend that my mother doesn't also help me out with money. . but Dad always signs the checks.
It's that joint account thing. Sneaky how Dad gets to take credit.
Love you, Dad!!!