I'm currently reading a book by the Jonathan Safran Foer and came across a quote that I found to be so beautifully, and often sadly, true. Mr. Foer is an American author best known for his Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, the latter of which I'm reading right now.
" . . . . She wants to know if I love her, that's all anyone wants from anyone else, not love itself but the knowledge that love is there."
I have read and reread that statement so many times since I first came across it this week in my nightly reading. How often do we all just want to hear the phrase "I love you" from whomever we are with? While actions do truly speak louder than words, we still crave the latter.
I know I like to hear it. Though I prefer the actions. The little things. . .