Napoleon Hill was an American author of the personal-growth literature (ie, that now HUGE self help section at the book store!). He was once advisor to FDR during the Depression Years. And he has many famous quotes that pertain to empowerment, will power, success, positive thinking. All those good things!
I feel this particular quote pertains to SO many people in my life lately, including myself.
"Don't wait. The time will never be just right."
I know I am guilty of this, so it's not meant to be aimed at any one person. However, if you're reading this and think I might be talking about you, you are probably right! I can't tell you how many conversations I have had in the last month or so that involve a need and desire to change something, but conclude with some sort of "someday" scenario. Admittedly, I am completely guilty of this on many fronts. Mostly my reason for pushing things back lately is money. I'm either too poor or can't take off the time from my survival jobs to do whatever it is. And those are real reasons to postpone, oh, say, going on a yoga retreat to Costa Rica. I am taking baby steps as much as I can within the financial and time constraints I find myself living in. Not for the yoga retreat at this moment, but at least at ways of saving more money, spending less and such. I'm starting a new job in the hopes I can earn more and it will take less time to do so. That kind of thing.
And I think we can all make little changes like that. Because it will never be the perfect time to do something, to go somewhere, to talk to somebody, etc. The list goes on and on. But you have to make a choice to take baby steps too. It won't happen unless you make it happen.
Nike may have put it more simply with their "Just Do It" campaign, but I prefer to quote Mr. Hill!