Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lucy Maud Montgomery

Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author best known for writing the series, Anne of Green Gables. One of my personal faves - I mean, Anne was a stubborn, driven redhead!

"Worrying helps you some. It seems as if you are doing something when you're worrying."

Lately, I've been doing a lot of worrying. Mostly about money, which goes hand in hand with career. Particularly when I've chosen a career that no longer seems to make me any money. And I'm not sure how much of that is a sign of the times, my age range, dumb luck, and how much is fate trying to tell me something. So I worry. I don't just worry. I am doing my best to forge ahead. The problem with forging ahead, though, is that it takes some money to do that. And, so, then I'm back to worrying. It's a fun cycle, let me tell you.

I guess for me, though, if I didn't worry a little bit, I probably wouldn't do anything to change my circumstances. I'm an actor, so a lot of what I do used to be driven by insecurities. Wanting people to like me, wanting to entertain and get that oh-so-coveted applause. Now I work to pay my bills. So my drive to be successful, whether as an actor, or in any survival job I have comes from my anxiety about paying for my life. It's not that I don't enjoy working in any job, but I've found my reasons for working change a bit as I've aged and have other responsibilities.

I wish I just felt a little more secure so my "worrying" wouldn't be quite so often, or so much.

But. . . . if worrying could burn some calories, then I'd be ok with the status quo!