Giving credit where credit is due, I want to make sure I always list the person who said/wrote/sang whatever quote I share on a given day. I will honor them with the blog post titles. It's QUITE an honor, no?
So, Ashleigh Brilliant is an author and syndicated cartoonist. He tends to stick to a self-imposed limit of 17 words per epigram, which I find especially interesting since I consider 17 (and 7) to be my lucky number. And it's my first blog. Coincidence yes, but kinda fun. (He also lives in Santa Barbara, CA, so I can only assume he drinks wine. . . and I've decided that makes us kindred spirits!) Among other achievements, he is well known for his "one line humorous remarks" and the one I am loving today is NO exception.
"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
This SO totally sums up my life since my recent break up especially. That sadness aside, I think I'm generally a happy, hopeful, supportive person with a good head on my shoulders. But when the shit hits the fan, MAN does it hit the fan. Good lord. It's just one stress after another. Love, money, health, family. Why, oh why, do they always seem to come in groups?
Sadness can be a sort of all encompassing feeling. I guess happiness can too, come to think of it. The trouble with the extremes of both is that they make it hard to focus. On schedules, to do lists, bills to be paid, appointments to make, etc. And right now, I'm having trouble staying focused. Just planning a day has been overwhelming, and I'm a planner at heart, so that has been particularly unsettling to me. I'm getting my footing again, but it's just felt like an attack of feelings and responsibilities. Attack is absolutely the right word. Just coming at me from ALL angles.
I'm told I'm tough. So I guess I can take it. But all the same, I wish I didn't have to.
Me thinks that Ashleigh Brilliant is. . . well. . . brilliant.