I'm attempting to accomplish many things right now - spring cleaning/purging, meeting with friends about upcoming projects, working, going home to visit family, brainstorming to start teaching a class, learning info for a new job, auditions - just LOTS. And there never seems to be enough time. Laziness certainly accounts for the loss of some of that time though. I'm not even gonna pretend otherwise. Turns out that since time is on my brain today, I found a quote about exactly that.
Jean-Paul Sartre was a French philosopher, playwright, political activist and literary critic, among many other things. He was one of the leading philosophers in Marxism, lived through France during the German occupation of WWII, and was once awarded the Nobel Prize, but refused it. While I don't claim to know much about his theories or the man himself, I do enjoy some of his quotes.
"3 o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do."
SO TRUE! Right?! 3 o'clock is too late for brunch. Often too late for lunch. Certainly too early for dinner, even if you qualify for the early bird special. It's too late to start any major event for the day, and too early to start one for the evening.
Today my main time challenge was doing my laundry at the perfect time. Either before or after the massive wave of neighbors all get down to our laundry room - first thing in the morning or late in evening. So it turns out that 3pm is the PERFECT time for laundry! Take that, Jean-Paul! I disprove your theory! But only when it comes to the laundry challenge. Otherwise, I agree with you, sir.